Dear all,

First of all i like to say that gmusicbrowser is the only Linux Player with very good functionality, which i am used to have in the windows world!

perhaps it is no problem at all - but i cant find a sollution:
When gmusicbrowser is running while JackCtl is running i can see the gmusicbrowser plugin in Jack.
Fine. Then i can route my stream.

but, when stopping a song, gmusicbrowser plugin in Jack disappears.
when playing a new song a new connection in Jack is seen - but with its own default routing, to the first output channels of my Jack-setup.

How can i start gmusicbrowser, with permanent connection to Jack?

thank you sooo much.

best

Do other players have a permanent connection when running ?
I see no obvious way of having this with gstreamer and I'm not sure it would be a good idea anyway in most cases.

I have not really used jack, but it's possible the proper way to do that is to configure jack to remember the connection.
I took a very quick look at qjackctl and it seems possible to do it with "patchbay" and the "activate patchbay persistence" option (see http://www.cccmz.de/~tanjeff/ardour_manual/ch-ardour-basics.html)

Also you can specify the which jack server it should connect to in the advanced options for gstreamer in gmusicbrowser. Maybe it can take arguments to specifiy how it should connect, or maybe not, I have no idea.

...thanks for the quick answer.

yes, aqualung and the wine jack plugins have permanent connections.
but aqualung has no comfortable usage.

perhaps i find a solution.

would be fine, because gmusicbrowser is really good!

best

Ralf