Hi. Recently I have been experiencing gmb crashing (quitting) when skipping to an .m4a file/track or when the next track in the playlist is an .m4a file. Strangely, this does not happen every time, sometimes it can play the first two .m4a tracks and then quit on the third or sometimes it just quits when starting the first track. What could be the cause?

#1 August 16, 2015, 15:23:08 Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 15:25:34 by Quentin Sculo
What audio options are you using ? gstreamer, mplayer or other ? (see audio tab of the settings window)

Also, try to run it from a terminal, and see what error messages are printed when it crashes.

I am using gstreamer 1.x

This is the error message from the terminal:

QuoteGLib-CRITICAL **: init_zone_from_iana_info: assertion 'size >= sizeof (struct tzhead) && memcmp (header, "TZif", 4) == 0' failed at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 7522.
GLib-CRITICAL **: interval_offset: assertion 'tz->t_info != NULL' failed at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 7522.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

and this is the error message when playing a different .m4a track:

QuoteGLib-CRITICAL **: init_zone_from_iana_info: assertion 'size >= sizeof (struct tzhead) && memcmp (header, "TZif", 4) == 0' failed at /usr/bin/../share/gmusicbrowser/gmusicbrowser_list.pm line 7353.
GLib-CRITICAL **: interval_offset: assertion 'tz->t_info != NULL' failed at /usr/bin/../share/gmusicbrowser/gmusicbrowser_list.pm line 7374.
*** Error in `/usr/bin/perl': double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x00007f418801a000 ***
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

It looks like a gstreamer bug.
Have you activated the gapless option ? (look for the "advanced options" button in the audio tab) Try without gapless if it was checked.

You can try reproducing the bug with this sample program : https://gist.github.com/squentin/1f28395c4e2a9dac0bee  (quickly made mostly from copying bits of gmusicbrowser_gstreamer-1.x.pm)
run it with a few m4a files as arguments and let it play.

QuoteIt looks like a gstreamer bug.
Have you activated the gapless option ? (look for the "advanced options" button in the audio tab) Try without gapless if it was checked.

No gapless is not activated. But what was activated was the "Use ReplayGain" option in the audio tab. I just deactivated it now and that seems to have  solved the problem.

However, I re-activated ReplayGain again to see if it was the cause but cannot reproduce the bug again.

Thanks for all your help and an amazing app.