April 27, 2011, 20:03:13 Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 01:18:36 by VastOne
I am using Fedora 15 and with it there is a program that is highly recommended to use for codecs called fedoraplus.

I used it but kept getting the following error with GMusicBrowser

pa_stream_writable_size() failed: connection terminated

causing failure every three to 25 seconds...

I was not having these issues on another Fedora 15 build that played GMB perfectly and I did not use fedoraplus on

I used fedoraplus again to remove all the codecs it had installed and instead used the following

gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-bad-extras gstreamer-plugins-ugly

and

ffmpeg ffmpeg-devel ffmpeg-libs ffmpeg2dirac ffmpeg2theora gstreamer-ffmpeg

and everything works perfectly..

I just wanted to pass this along in case anyone else ran into it

Thanks for reporting this.
Could you check what audio output was used by gmb before and after ? (gstreamer or not, and what output device is selected)
If the same setting were used before and after, maybe you could compare the output of "gst-inspect" before and after.
("gst-inspect > somefile" to write the output to "somefile")

If you can't easily get back to the not-working state, don't bother, thanks anyway, I'll try to test it myself.

It was happening with gstreamer, auto-select and use gnome settings

I switched it to Alsa and it stopped completely

I have it now back at auto-detect and once it starts again I will use gst-inspect and send you the information

Quote from: Quentin Sculo on April 28, 2011, 16:02:16
Thanks for reporting this.
Could you check what audio output was used by gmb before and after ? (gstreamer or not, and what output device is selected)
If the same setting were used before and after, maybe you could compare the output of "gst-inspect" before and after.
("gst-inspect > somefile" to write the output to "somefile")

If you can't easily get back to the not-working state, don't bother, thanks anyway, I'll try to test it myself.

I changed it to Pulseaudio and rebooted and it happened immediately.  I have changed back to Alsa and it is not doing it at all on the same file

Attached is Pulse.txt (before) Pulse2.txt (after) and alsa2.txt which is the current using gst-inspect.. I am sending to you as you may be able to compare and spot it faster than I can..

Thanks for your help