Well, the question is already in title: Could we see selections length in Total-label in the same way than 'filter' shows ("Filter: nn songs, a hours, b minutes")?

You can click on it to change the mode between selected/filter/listed/library

#2 April 18, 2011, 14:08:24 Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 14:10:54 by laite
Quote from: Quentin Sculo on April 18, 2011, 14:05:47
You can click on it to change the mode between selected/filter/listed/library

Yes, I know, but it only shows "2 songs selected" and I would like to see something like "selected: 2 songs, 8 min 33 s" so the LENGTH of selection would show there immediately.

#3 April 18, 2011, 15:33:35 Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 15:35:51 by Quentin Sculo
Oh, it's a change ochosi made in the shimmer version to reduce the size of the text.
The version in my tree all use the full format, in the shimmer version, the tip text is used instead for all but the Filter mode.
I need to add more options to this widget.

Quote from: Quentin Sculo on April 18, 2011, 15:33:35
Oh, it's a change ochosi made in the shimmer version to reduce the size of the text.
The version in my tree all use the full format, in the shimmer version, the tip text is used instead for all but the Filter mode.
I need to add more options to this widget.

I see, thanks for the answer.

Well, I fixed it straight from code (thank god from open source! :)) and since this is a suggestion board I decided to share my setting in hope it might be actually implemented to gmp... It simply checks how many songs are currently selected and shows 'selection' stats if it's more than 1, otherwise it shows 'filter'. This is really neat since I only need selection length when I'm working with multiple files, otherwise I just like to see my current filters stats.