Recent posts

June 27, 2023, 16:31:23
Hello,

I try to update lyrics.pm

I should replace the escape in title by a "-" to work.

Could you help me ? (I don't know _[0] etc...)

genius => [genius => sub { ::ReplaceFields($_[0], "https://genius.com/%a-%t-lyrics", sub { my $s=::url_escapeall($_[0]); $s=~s/%20/-/g; $s }) }, undef,
sub {
                            if ($_[0] =~ m/<span class="lyrics__content__\w+">/) {
                                $_[0] =~ s/.*<span class="lyrics__content__\w+">(.+?)<\/span>.*/$1/s;
                                $_[0] =~ s/[\r\n]/<br>/g;
return 1;
                            } else {
$_[0] = $notfound;
return 0;
                            }
                        }], 
February 19, 2023, 22:28:02
Alright, I fixed the mpris problem. Here's how:

• Install gmusicbrowser_1.1.99.1+1516;
  • Go to /usr/share/gmusicbrowser/plugins, and copy mpris2.pm into a temp directory;
  • Downgrade to gmusicbrowser_1.1.99.1+1514;
  • copy mpris2.pm from your temp directory into /usr/share/gmusicbrowser/plugins, overwriting the version that's there.

Now, I have all my covers showing, and they show in the indicator (so on my phone, the lock screen and pull down menu).
February 19, 2023, 21:51:19
I realized this same problem was happening on my other desktop computer, and I finally figured it out: the deb linked from the gmusicbrowser website, gmusicbrowser_1.1.99.1_all.deb, installs this version: gmusicbrowser_1.1.99.1+1514; when I add the nightly PPA, it installs gmusicbrowser_1.1.99.1+1516. This newer version causes a lot of my cover art not to load. I have no idea why.

After downgrading gmusicbrowser on my device, I now see all the album covers, which is great. However, now, half the covers won't load on the lock screen, or the pulldown menu. So there's something going wrong with MPRIS.

I also noticed that on deskop, the 'now playing' cover is wrong no matter what version of gmusicbrowser I'm usung. I can even look in the gmusicbrowser config directory and see that the 'now playing' mpris jpeg is correct, but the indicator stays stuck on the first song that was playing when the program started. On my phone, it does change, but it's just  missing image thumbnail half the time.
February 13, 2023, 19:18:49
I had the same problem, after updating to LM22 (desktop) and kubuntu (laptop).
My solution to get the icons back is to change the symbol theme from "Standard" to the downloaded theme "Color", but other themes work fine too.
Just an other hint: With the layout AlexC base/compact the Album takes more than half of the screen.
My solution was to replace in AlexC.layout file "HBcenterup = _Cover" by "HBcenterup = Cover".
January 19, 2023, 12:08:24
https://t.me/pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram
Make 1000% and more within 1 day, join channel @pump_upp !
November 15, 2022, 23:36:56
Hi all,

Using Gentoo Linux with version 1.1.16, I tried to play an AIFF track using gstreamer, mplayer and mpv, same result. I cannot import it, but I can reproduce it via terminal with mplayer or mpv. I'm not sure if GMusicBrowser is not able to reproduce it, because it's not detected as music file, but I as I said it can be reproduced with other players as directly mplayer in terminal or with Audacity, for instance.

When I change the codec, I close the application but same result.

Any suggestion is appreciated, KR
October 25, 2022, 09:22:49
Good morning!

I'm sorry to say the latest KDE Neon upgrade from 20.04 to 22.04 has broken my gmusicbrowser installation and after a bit of investigation I'm at a loss as to how to fix, or whether a fix is possible.

It was uninstalled automatically. I've tried re-installing via the repository and the problem basically seems to be the absence of libgtk2-perl, but I'm at a total loss where to go from here. I'll paste the full output below. Any advice you can offer would be appreciated!

Quotemax@Eve:~$ sudo apt-get install gmusicbrowser
[sudo] password for max:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Starting pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 1
Starting 2 pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 1
Investigating (0) gmusicbrowser:amd64 < none -> 1.1.16 @rc puN Ib >
Broken gmusicbrowser:amd64 Depends on libgtk2-perl:amd64 < none @un H >
Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 gmusicbrowser : Depends: libgtk2-perl but it is not installable
                 Recommends: libintl-perl but it is not going to be installed
                 Recommends: libdigest-crc-perl but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
September 22, 2022, 17:26:40
Hi,
The "gapless" mode is not fully working on GMB 1.1.16. There is still a little gap between 2 tracks.
Is there a way to make it work better ?
September 22, 2022, 17:25:11
Bonjour,

Le mode "Gapless" produit quand même une petite coupure entre les morceaux.
Existe-t-il une astuce pour qu'il fonctionne mieux ?

GMB 1.1.16
July 16, 2022, 18:08:59
HI Quentin, are you saying I need to go to Github and compile from source, in order to speed up the display of cover art?