February 12, 2012, 23:05:44 Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 06:08:15 by WovenTales
I've been working on an extended quodlibet layout recently (it's over in the "Customization" forum if anyone wants to look at it), and have recently added a SimpleSearch to the filters. Unfortunately, what I know how to write can only put it either above the tabs at the top or below the buttons for the filter pane; I'd like it to be between that pane and the buttons. I know the hidebb=1 to remove the buttons completely, but I can't find any way to get them to reappear on the other side of the search bar.

Also, is there any way to get the FilterPane buttons to affect the SimpleSearch more directly? The "Clear filter" button does remove the limitation, but is there any way to get it to clear the search bar as well? And the "Invert filter" button has no effect at all on the search, from what I've seen. Is there any way to get it working as a "everything except songs matching the pattern"?

QuoteI'd like it to be between that pane and the buttons. I know the hidebb=1 to remove the buttons completely, but I can't find any way to get them to reappear on the other side of the search bar.
not possible currently, though you could be interested in the searchbox=1 option that adds a simple text entry to the FilterPane, it doesn't filter the songs, simply the content of the FilterPane. It currently always above the FilterPane, but making it possible to appear below would be easy.

QuoteAlso, is there any way to get the FilterPane buttons to affect the SimpleSearch more directly? The "Clear filter" button does remove the limitation, but is there any way to get it to clear the search bar as well?
Not currently, maybe it could be added as a SimpleSearch option, I'm not sure.

QuoteAnd the "Invert filter" button has no effect at all on the search, from what I've seen. Is there any way to get it working as a "everything except songs matching the pattern"?
No, the FilterPane button bar is made to be options for the FilterPane not for other things.
To invert a search with SimpleSearch, you can simply put a - or a ! in front of the search. (there is a whole syntax for the SimpleSearch, though I still have to write the help dialog that explains it).

All right, I thought that it would likely be a long shot. Really, the only thing I was missing was a way to invert the SimpleSearch, and knowing the "!" trick solves that. Thanks!