In the image attached is a layout I thoroughly enjoy....

When setting a new image on the right Album Tab, it shows immediately there and through the dbus script I use to put it on the Conky desktop

But the image on the left panel in the Artist Info does not show up until I right click there and Set Picture again, duplicating what I just did

Since I see it coming, it is not an issue, but I wanted to send the info along...

The artist info is supposed to hold a picture of the artist, not the album. Why would it use the album cover?

Quote from: Satoshi on February 04, 2011, 08:28:51
The artist info is supposed to hold a picture of the artist, not the album. Why would it use the album cover?

That is exactly the information I did not know about or thought about..

Thanks...

Quote from: Satoshi on February 04, 2011, 08:28:51

Perhaps my confusion is because when you search for an image from the artistinfo section, it saves it as cover.jpg again duplicating the exact process of selecting album art.

Also, if I set the picture from Artistinfo first, it also sets it as the album art

It is a semantics issue at best/worst...

hm, the artistinfo plugin only shows the context-menu of the currently playing/displayed artist. so in theory it shouldn't set albumart.

but the problem is within gmusicbrowser, not the plugin, currently it doesn't differentiate between artist and album-cover naming when using a generic name like "cover.jpg".

Quote from: ochosi on February 04, 2011, 11:39:22
hm, the artistinfo plugin only shows the context-menu of the currently playing/displayed artist. so in theory it shouldn't set albumart.

but the problem is within gmusicbrowser, not the plugin, currently it doesn't differentiate between artist and album-cover naming when using a generic name like "cover.jpg".

I agree... For me this is not an issue as I do not mind the Artist and Album having the same picture...

All I wanted to do was point it out as an issue....

It could be beneficial to have a new Main Board Topic as Issues for better reporting and tracking..

You can expect more people now that:

GMusicbrowser now default music app in Xubuntu 11.04!!!!

Congrats to SQuentin and the gang!!!!!!

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/02/gmusicbrowser-now-default-music-app-in-xubuntu-11-04/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+d0od+%28Omg!+Ubuntu!%29