Hi all,

Over the last month or so, i've been struggling with the change of filter conditions to:

Genres>Isn't set / Is set.

Whichever i choose, the filter doesn't seem to work right.
I'd like to once again be able to set up a filtered list which doesn't contain certain genres, or only contains certain genres (along with other conditions).

Can anyone advise on this? It's totally thrown me off, and i'm very confused about the whole thing. I have to wonder what was ever wrong with 'Genre isn't' or 'genre is' as they're both very clear in intended function.

Note: I'm using the shimmer PPA version, so please do let me know if my issue isn't related to the default GMB version.

Everything works for me. The filters haven't changed, only the way they are edited have changed (for a lot of reasons).
You just have to click on the invert button to switch between "is set" and "isn't set". I added the invert button mainly to un-clutter the menu. Though it is true that if you use the FilterBox widget it is not very clear. In the filter edition dialog, the text change so it should be clearer.
Apart from the invert button being not very clear I don't understand your problem, maybe you could post some screenshots to illustrate.

So, to clarify:

Is Set will act like genre is
Isn't set will act like genre isn't
Has none will not include any genre with X word included and Has is the opposite

?

The above aside; I'm still of the opinion that the wording isn't very clear.
Perhaps:

Is set > Is
Isn't set > Is not
Has > Includes
Has none > Does not include

One thing that may not be clear is that the genre field can have multiple values : a song can have genre A and B.
So
"$g is set" means the genres of the song include genre $g
"$g isn't set" means the genres of the song does not include genre $g
"has none" means the song has no genre set at all
"has at least one" means the song has at least one genre set
and "contains %s" search for substring %s among the genres of the song

suggestion to improve the wording are welcome, though the wording must not mention "genre" as the same wording is used for other fields such as labels/mood/some custom fields... I can make a special description for a specific field, but the generic description still needs to be understandable.
I think I'll replace "$g is set" by "include $g"