When finding a track I want to listen to, I simply want to add it to the Now Playing tab.
Right clicking on the track and Add to List shows only list000 and nothing to adding it to the Now Playing list
I can drag and drop the track to Now Playing but it would be easier to right click...
I will also look into creating a short cut key to do this...
Edit - No Short cut key, so I will officially request a Append to Playlist as one of the options.
Interestingly enough, I can append to the playlist an Album, Artist and even the whole Genre but not individual songs
Switching to Lists, Library and Context layout helped some because it makes dragging ad dropping to the playlist easy..
2nd Edit - I have found that by using Queue, Library and Context gives me exactly the options that I wanted.
I am curious, it is possible to tweak the Queue auto fill option to make it smart? An example would be that to have it select only from a Genre or a year or similar artists.
- in a custom layout, you can change the action when a song is doubled click with left and middle button.
example : activate=insertplay or activate2=addplay
- I plan to redesign the command system, used by the shortcuts, to make it much more powerful and organized. It will be possible in particular to do that with a shortcut.
- as to adding this option to the song context menu, there is already a lot of things in that menu, I can't add every option.
- One possibility is adding a way to customize the menu.
- I've just remembered of a hidden feature I added some time ago, when right clicking on "enqueue selected" you get a submenu to choose between prepend/replace/append. I will probably do something similar with "play selected". Though of course it's very hidden, so almost nobody will know about it and it's not a real solution.
- Adding the playlist to the "add to list" submenu could be a solution, though it needs to be clearly separated from the others.
QuoteI am curious, it is possible to tweak the Queue auto fill option to make it smart? An example would be that to have it select only from a Genre or a year or similar artists.
Currently, the auto-fill takes songs from the current playlist, using the selected random mode, or if no random mode is selected, a fully random mode (all songs from playlist are equiprobable)
Though I often wondered if I should add a way to select the random mode independently.
Until any of the stuff Quentin mentioned gets implemented, here's a tiny plugin I've been using for a while to put "Append to playlist" into song context menu.
Thank you so much for the detailed explanations. ;D
This prompted me to looked more closely at the playlist filters and how they work with the auto fill.
Now I see how I can create my own filters and get pretty much what I want... I had not looked that closely until now..
Thanks! This is perfect! :D