April 28, 2011, 03:59:56 Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 10:37:07 by laite
Hi. I decided to give Unity a go and everything else seems to be working quite nicely but for some reason I can't switch to gmusicbrowsers window from launcher. As I like to dedicate one virtual desktop completely to gmb this is quite annoying. When I click gmb icon from launcher it kinda 'focuses' but doesn't change to correct virtual desktop (where gmb currently is). Any ideas what could cause this? As I said, all the other applications work normally from launcher.

Edit: If I try to switch inside same virtual desktop from some program to gmb it works as supposed to.
Edit2: I don't know if this has something to do with it, but unity launcher seems to think there is multiple windows open in gmb (two dots on left of icon), while gmb only has main window open.

Edit3: And things start to make sense: Second open window is 'desktop widget', which of course is on every desktop... Disabling that fixes the problem about moving to gmb-window. Is there any way to have 'desktop widget' appear without breaking unitys functioning concerning the main window?

Hi, thanks for reporting this.
I haven't tested unity yet, so I don't know how it works exactly.
I have to try changing the type or the hints of the window used in the desktop widgets plugin, there should be a combination that works.
btw somebody reported this other bug about unity and gmb :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gmusicbrowser/+bug/765084
I'll do some tests with unity soon.