October 09, 2011, 14:51:10 Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 20:44:44 by VastOne
Congratulations Quentin on the release of v1.1.8!

Everything is working perfectly...!!

Cheers!

thanks :) I should make more frequent release in the future.

The included layouts should work even if you are using a non-installed version of gmb, however, if you have a version of some layouts (same name) in your ~/.config/gmusicbrowser/layouts they will take precedence, that's probably the problem.

Some %_letters have change, it seems, no ?
%l doesn't show album anymore in some layout (garage6, now in default layouts :))
%a doesn't show artist anymore

Quote from: Quentin Sculo on October 10, 2011, 12:52:25
thanks :) I should make more frequent release in the future.

The included layouts should work even if you are using a non-installed version of gmb, however, if you have a version of some layouts (same name) in your ~/.config/gmusicbrowser/layouts they will take precedence, that's probably the problem.

I did not have any of the same name in ~/.config/gmusicbrowser/layouts and did not see the new layouts until I copied them to that location from

~/gmusicbrowser/layouts

mgrubert: sorry, I forgot to replace the ArtistBreacrumb/AlbumBreadCrumb that the shimmer fork use (I plan to add an option to give the same behavior), by Artist/Album, I fixed it in git, as well as a few small other things.

VastOne: it should work without, maybe something is wrong with your setup, try launching it with -cfg /tmp/empty_dir/  it should create that dir and use it instead of ~/.config/gmusicbrowser/

So I must use git... I don't like install with a "non-officiel" installation. I change the local layout to not use ArtistBreacrumb/AlbumBreadCrumb.
But I think for current users : They will have some depreciate layouts... my layouts ! What about my reputation ?  ::)

For what it's worth, I use git and find it incredibly easy...

Quentin, I did find this issue with mine and those layouts ... I did have the files in a different file name but the category was the same... I sorted that out and it works as it should...

Will edit the first post.. Sorry for the confusion...