November 25, 2009, 17:18:19 Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 18:10:54 by Sven
I've been using gmb ever since I switched to linux, and it's great. Just wanted to say that first.

Now I ran into a problem using the last git version. I set play order to shuffle and now I'm not able to get out of shuffle mode any more. Not even after restarting the program. Is this a known bug, or is this just me doing something wrong?

Edit:

Seems to be happening only if I keep the same playlist. ie double clicking on an artist fixes it.

No it's not a known bug, and I can't think of what might cause this. Can you run in it from a terminal, and check if any error message appear when you try to change play order ?

Quote from: Sven on November 25, 2009, 17:18:19
Seems to be happening only if I keep the same playlist. ie double clicking on an artist fixes it.
What playlist was that ? everything, filter, static playlist ? and does the problem re-appear when you go back to this playlist ?

I had it set to everything, and going back doesn't make the problem come back. And I also fail at reproducing it atm.

IIRC there was a new item in the play order list when this happened though. Something like "follow list". When set to that option, I couldn't switch to any of the other play orders, and the list as shown in the playlist window was sorted on "Album, Disk, Track", not random or anything alike. Maybe that's of any use? Or maybe you could tell me how to get that new item in the play order list. That could help me to reproduce the problem.

Thanks for the fast reply btw ;)

Quote from: Sven on November 25, 2009, 20:49:06
IIRC there was a new item in the play order list when this happened though. Something like "follow list". When set to that option, I couldn't switch to any of the other play orders, and the list as shown in the playlist window was sorted on "Album, Disk, Track", not random or anything alike. Maybe that's of any use? Or maybe you could tell me how to get that new item in the play order list. That could help me to reproduce the problem.
That must have been the "list order" (the tooltip says "no order", I should fix that) that you get when playing a static list. But I can't reproduce your problem.

Then I must have made a static random list in some way. So it's probably my fault. I'll warn you if the problem reoccurs.