Hello,

first of all I want to thank you for your great app. It's quite near to perfect. Keep up the good work! :)
I have a little problem with the ratings (those yellow stars :)). After some time they disappear! I don't know whether they disappear when closing, starting or just using gmusicbrowser. But after some time some tracks that I had rated are reset to standard rating again. Not a big deal but maybe it's easy to fix.  :)

Thanks again,
Photon

I'll assume you are talking about version v1.0.x, tell me if you are not.
Thanks for reporting this, I'm no longer working on v1.0.x, and as the way songs data are handled in the new version (v1.0.x currently in alpha) has completely changed, it's unlikely the bug is still there (though there are lots of new ones to play with :) ).
So unless you can find what action causes this to happen (I doubt it's time, as there is nothing distinguishing an old rating from a new one), I won't be investigating it, sorry.

Oh, I didn't realize that I was using an outdated version... I just installed the git version. Will watch whether the problem will appear again. But the git version has another problem: I can't access the preferences menu. Is this a known bug?

Quote from: Photon on December 21, 2009, 13:43:25
Oh, I didn't realize that I was using an outdated version...
Well it's not exactly outdated, it's still the latest stable version. It's just that I probably won't make new release on this branch (maybe one with the 2 fixed bugs in git), so I certainly won't spend a lot of time investigating a bug in v1.0.x unless I have precise info on it.

Quote from: Photon on December 21, 2009, 13:43:25
But the git version has another problem: I can't access the preferences menu. Is this a known bug?
Do you mean the preferences dialog ? It should work. if it doesn't show up, could you send me the terminal output ?

On the first try I get following output and nothing else happens:

*** unhandled exception in callback:
***   Not an ARRAY reference at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 8000.
***  ignoring at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 1071.

On the second try there is no output in the terminal but an empty preferences window appears:

http://www.ubuntu-pics.de/bild/35216/einstellungen_2009_12_22_21_03_57_742x616_EAladq.png

If I hit one of the two buttons nothing happens.

On the third try (and all the ones after the third) there is following output:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_container_foreach: assertion `GTK_IS_CONTAINER (container)' failed at /usr/bin/gmusicbrowser line 4779.

and the preferences window looks like this:

http://www.ubuntu-pics.de/bild/35218/einstellungen_2009_12_22_21_06_53_202x223_bq7zrN.png

thanks, I've just fixed it in git. It was a really stupid bug, easy to overlook, except in german because then the affected command ends up first in alphabetical order :)

Thanks for fixing, now it works perfectly.  :)