So, i tend to listed to music via filters, and one particular filter most of the time.
I always use the shuffle option to mix things up, but i get the exact same track order every time.

Is there a work around for this other than shuffling, then scrolling to a different part of the playlist to avoid hearing the same tracks in the same order every time?

If not; Can we perhaps have a true 'shuffle' option in a future build?

This is by design, you can re-shuffle by re-clicking on shuffle. It's true it's not clear, I should add a re-shuffle entry in the menu or something.
You can also choose a random order with no rule => all songs are equi-probable. (of course with a random mode, you can't see the playlist, as the next song is chosen at the last moment).

Quote from: Quentin Sculo on February 12, 2011, 14:00:49

You can also choose a random order with no rule => all songs are equi-probable.

Hmm, i'm not sure how to put this bit of advice into practice.

Also: Maybe in a future release, we could have a true random shuffle button/option?

It is true shuffle, it's just that the order is kept the same until the next session or until you click on shuffle while already on shuffle.

to get a all songs are equi-probable random mode :
in play order menu : weighted-random -> custom -> remove all rules and choose ok or apply, you can also save this mode under a name.

btw in gmb I use "shuffle" for deck-of-cards like shuffle, where each song has a fixed position in the list.
And I use "random" for roll-of-dice like random, where there is no fixed order, songs are picked randomly as needed, according to their weight, each song can be picked multiple times (though some rules can make that very unlikely)