Hello guys,

gmusicbrowser is really cool. I discovered it a while ago and thought it would be awesome to use it for my audiobook collection.

I'm successfully using the Shimmer desktop layout for this purpose.

However I'd like a modification in the layout and searched around the forum and the wiki, but can't really find a starting point, besides I have no idea how to edit a layout.

What I want to do with shimmer desktop is that I can set the commentary field on the right hand side pane beneath the each cover for each album. I know there is this functionality of adding the comment column, but I want it only once under the cover.

The reason behind that, is that in each track of my commentary field of every audiobook album a description of the audiobook is located. Often it is rather long, therefore a a short commentary row isn't suitable.

I'm not sure if this is working out what I plan, but if could you please refer me to the necessary posts or wiki articles (question mark - keyboard broken). I'm really a noob in this segment so every help is highly appreciated. Maybe there is kind of step by step tutorial which I could use or which one could provide (question mark - keyboard broken).

I would be grateful for every help.
Thanks in advanced!

Is this ok ?

(record file joined in ~/.config/gmusicbrowser/layout and choose studiosusmed in gmb settings)

The only change from Shimmer Desktop layout is an add in line 28 :
Comment(expand_max=500,ellipsize=end)

Hey mgrubert,

thanks for your very fast help!

I tried it, but it seems that it wouldn't read out the comment. Ever track of this album has the same comment in it, but it wouldn't appear. (picture 037)

Additionally may I ask how I can add the different panes on the left hand side, like album interpret or the label window as in the original shimmer desktop? (picture 038)

Thanks again!

With the layout mgrubert posted, the comment should appear at the bottom left of the window. Though as he said, it can't wrap around, so it might not be very practical, I should add a way to do that.
To make it appear below the cover in the list is a bit more complicated, you have to modify the group skin used by the songtree, it is not possible currently for the comment field, I have a small patch that makes it possible, but I think it can't be set to wrap-around, so probably not good for long descriptions.

On the other hand it is easy to add a custom tooltip for each song in the list, by adding rowtip=$comment to a SongList or SongTree widget in the layout.
For example, in the layout mgrubert posted, you just have to search for the line containing :
_SongTree(cols="playandqueueandtrack title length ratingpic",colwidth="artist 124 lastplay 107 length 49 playandqueue 19 playandqueueandtrack 20 playcount 22 ratingpic 100 title 390 titleaa 397 track 21",grouping="album|artistalbum_breadcrumbs(picsize=100)|disc|discleft(width=15)",follow=1,sort="year album disc track")
and add the rowtip option, for example at the end like this :
_SongTree(cols="playandqueueandtrack title length ratingpic",colwidth="artist 124 lastplay 107 length 49 playandqueue 19 playandqueueandtrack 20 playcount 22 ratingpic 100 title 390 titleaa 397 track 21",grouping="album|artistalbum_breadcrumbs(picsize=100)|disc|discleft(width=15)",follow=1,sort="year album disc track",rowtip=$comment)

the tooltip wrap-around so it should be rather practical.

About adding panes on the left hand side, you can do so from the menu you get when right-clicking on the tabs.