Hello, guys.

I already ran this through Quentin, and he said he'd think about it, but I guess there's no harm in asking everyone else's opinion. Besides, there are lots of great layout designers here, so I'd like to know their opinion as well.

So, this is the original window:

This is my proposed mock-up:

Obviously my Gimp skills aren't all that great, but I think you get what I meant.

Notes:

• The vertical tabs say "Playlist" and "Queue". That's because I'm not great with Gimp. The vertical tabs should say: Player, Browser, Traytip, Fullscreen, Search (all of those are layout-able).
  • The Preview checkbox would apply the currently selected theme to the main window
  • Layout makers will be able to add Author and Comment/Description "metadata" and users will easily see it.
  • The thumbnails would be larger (this is a crude mockup). Squentin does not want to make thumbnails a requirement for layout authors, so the alternative would be dinamically creating them, but that could possibly have its problems as well.
  • I suggest renaming the tab from "Layouts" to "Appearance".
  • The position of the items to the side is just what I came up with. Suggestions wanted.

The settings window in general bugs me. So feel free to suggest other improvements to all tabs there (just for the sake of talking, really. This is my idea, not Quentin's).