This is pretty simple but I thought I'd open a new post to ask. I am wondering if this is possible or not:

Basically, I'd like to be able to double click or hit enter, and it adds the songs/album whichever I double clicked, to the top of the queue. When it does this I'd like it to keep everything else that was previously queued. I'd also like to be able to open a song from the file browser and it does the same which is adds it to the top of the queue and replaces the currently playing song, but leaves that song on the queue.

I'm not sure if this is possible or how to set it up but I've been playing around for a while and basically I'm confused how the playlist/queue works. Perhaps I'd be better using both the playlist, and queue?

I don't mind if it adds random music or plays all them music by a certain artist/album for example if the playlist or queue is empty, as long as it can do the above basically.

Yes, you can use queueinsert to do what you want.

Here is one of my layouts that shows it in use.

vastone_glcII.layout

[VastOne GLC II]
Type=G+
Author=VastOne
Category = gmb-art

Title = Gmusicbrowser playing %S by %a
= Window(size=1120x820) FilterPane0(page=genre) FilterPane1(page=artist) FilterPane2(page=album,albumpsize=32,albuminfo=1) QueueList(cols=titleaa length) VPRight(size=230-353)
MBmenu = MainMenuItem PSortItem PFilterItem QueueItem SMView
SMView = (label=_"View") MenuItem0(togglewidget=HPfp0,label=_"Categories pane") MenuItem1(togglewidget=FilterPane0,label=_"Genres pane") MenuItem2(togglewidget=FilterPane2,label=_"Album pane") MenuItem3(togglewidget=FilterPane1,label=_"Artist pane")   MenuItem4(togglewidget=NBLists,label=_"Left pane") MenuItem5(togglewidget=QueueList,label=_"Queue") MenuItem6(togglewidget=VBSongList,label=_"Playlist")
HBTitle     = Filler0 _Title
HBArtist    = LockArtist _Artist
BMSettings = (icon=gtk-preferences,size="large-toolbar") SMLibrary LayoutItem PlayItem SeparatorMenuItem01 MenuItem34(click1=OpenCustom(Equalizer),label=_"Equalizer",icon=gmb-equalizer) SeparatorMenuItem20 MenuItem14(command=OpenPref,label=_"Settings",icon="gtk-preferences") MenuItem05(command=Quit,label=_"Quit",icon="gtk-quit")
SMLibrary = (label=_"Library") MenuItem00(command="RunPerlCode(::ChooseAddPath(0,1))",label=_"Add Music",icon="gtk-add") MenuItem32(command="RunPerlCode(::IdleScan)",label=_"Rescan Collection",icon="gtk-refresh")
HBAlbum     = LockAlbum _Album
VBmain = HBupper 5_HPBottom
# HBmain      = _VBmain 2Filler1 -Cover
HSize0      = Filler0 LockArtist LockAlbum Sort
# VBSongs     = _SongList2(mode=playlist, group=1)
VBleft2 = HBmenu HBleft HBTime
HBTime = 7Prev 7Play 7Next Length(markup="$length",initsize="XX:XX",xalign=0) _TimeSlider(direct_mode=1) -PlayingTime(markup="%s",initsize="XX:XX",xalign=1)
VBText = 4HBTitle 2HBArtist 2HBAlbum
HBleft = _1_VBText
HBmenu = MBmenu -VolumeIcon 5Sort 5Filter 5Queue 5Pos ExtraButtons -BMSettings

VBLeft = VBplayer _NBLists
    NBLists = SongTree(tabtitle=_"Artist/Album Playing",activate=queueinsert, activate2=addplay, songypad=1, group=Play:artist) \
Context(tabtitle=_"Context") \
VBartist \
VBalbum \
SongSearch(tabtitle=_"Song",activate=queueinsert)
# SongList(tabtitle=_"Playlist",activate=queueinsert,activate2=addplay,mode=playlist,group=2,follow=1)
VBartist= (tabtitle=_"Artist") SimpleSearch1(group=1,fields=artist,noselector=1) _FilterPane10(group=1,activate=queueinsert,pages=artist,nb=2)
VBalbum= (tabtitle=_"Album") SimpleSearch2(group=3,fields=album,noselector=1) _FilterPane11(group=3,activate=queueinsert,pages=album,nb=2)
HPfp1 = FilterPane1(nb=2,hidebb=1) FilterPane2(nb=3,hidebb=1)
HPfp0 = FilterPane0(nb=1,hidebb=1) HPfp1
HBSongList = SimpleSearch(maxwidth=360) -Total
VBSongList = HBSongList _SongTree1(activate=queueinsert,activate2=addplay,songypad=1)
NBList2 = VPRight \
VBQueue
VPRight = (tabtitle=_"Library                  ") HPfp0 _VBSongList
VBQueue = (tabtitle=_"Queue                  ") HBQueueButtons _QueueList(group=1) Total2(group=1)
HBQueueButtons = EditListButtons(group=1,small=1) 4QueueActions
# HBSearch = SimpleSearch2(maxwidth=150) Total2
HBupper = _VBleft2 -Cover
HPBottom = VBLeft _NBList2

# VBmain2     = HBmain 3Filler2
VolumeScroll    = HBupper

I dev VSIDO

Ok, thank you for that. While I am sort of trying to grasp all the different features and how that queueinsert actually works, I was wondering a couple other things.

One is probably in documentation so I will look, but in case I cant find it, how would I save a layout I've been working on, just to back-up incase I bork something?

And I've been wondering what the breadcrumbs do, if anything? I'll try to look that up to, but is it possible that when clicking on a breadcrumb if  I click the artist, is it possible to see everything by that artist, or is there a similair feature like this instead of right clicking to jump to an artist/album?

Quote from: l300lvl on August 09, 2012, 00:39:09
One is probably in documentation so I will look, but in case I cant find it, how would I save a layout I've been working on, just to back-up in case I bork something?
The layouts are just text, so you can save them anywhere. But maybe what you want is not modifying the included layouts, you can put new layouts in ~/.config/gmusicbrowser/layouts/ in text file ending with ".layout", you will probably want to change the id and name of the layout, the id is the part between [], and must be unique (else it will replace the other ones), the name default to the id, but can be defined in a line beginning with "Name="

Quote from: l300lvl on August 09, 2012, 00:39:09
And I've been wondering what the breadcrumbs do, if anything? I'll try to look that up to, but is it possible that when clicking on a breadcrumb if  I click the artist, is it possible to see everything by that artist, or is there a similair feature like this instead of right clicking to jump to an artist/album?
I'm not sure which layout you are referring to, but some layouts have what I call locks in front of the current artist/album/title. When locked on an artist, the playlist will be restricted to songs from this artist, but the queue has priority on it. So for example if a song from artist A is playing, and the queue contains one song from artist B, after the end of the current song, the song from artist B will play, and then only songs from artist B will play.